To celebrate the Duke of Cambridge’s 34th birthday, one thought it appropriate to highlight his role as a father of two.
1. In late May, William carried out a series of events near London, including a Tusk Trust reception at Windsor Castle. The organization’s CEO, Charlie Mayhew told Perry that William joked about “having a week off from nappies.”
2. “He’s a little bit of a rascal, I’ll put it that way,” William told CNN’s Max Foster after George’s July 2013 birth. “He either reminds me of my brother or me when I was younger, I’m not sure, but he’s doing very well at the moment.
“He’s growing quite quickly actually. But he’s a little fighter — he wriggles around quite a lot and he doesn’t want to go to sleep that much.”
3. William admitted that he practiced securing the car seat several times before he safely put George inside the Range Rover outside of Mary’s hospital on July 23rd, 2013.
“Believe, me it wasn’t my first time,” he told Foster, “and I know there’s been some speculation about that. I had to practice, I really did — I was terrified it was going to fall off or the door wasn’t going to close properly.”
4. “I remember when George was born, I forgot to work out whether it was a boy or a girl,” William told President Obama in December 2014. “The excitement of the event and everything else was just chaos.”
5. As an Aston Villa fan, the FA President told Gary Linekar on Football Focus (via BBC Sports) that he knows the right thing to do is to let his children pick their own favorite football team.
“The responsible thing would be to say, to let [George] make his own mind up, but I think I might be quite biased,” William said.
“I haven’t quite worked out how to play that yet. Of course he can support whoever he wants, but if he supports [Aston] Villa, it’d be fantastic. I’d love to go to the odd match with him in the future. It’ll probably end up being that Charlotte is the Villa fan and George will go and support someone else!”
6. “At the moment bath time is quite painful, but hopefully donning a snorkel and mask might calm him down,” William said in June 2014 at an event where he took over from his father as president of the British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC), according to People.
7. “As you might have gathered, Catherine and I have recently become proud parents – of a baby who has a voice to match any lion’s roar!” William said at the Tusk Conservation Awards in September 2013.
“This is actually our first evening out without him, so please excuse us if you see us nervously casting surreptitious glances at our mobile phones to check all is well back home.”
8. “They say that number one is a life-changer and that number two is a game-changer,” William told a well-wisher at XLP Arts Project in late March 2015.
9. “There’ll be a time and a place to bring George up and understand how he fits in the world,” William told the BBC. “But right now, it’s just a case of keeping a secure, stable environment around him and showing him as much love as I can as a father.”
Leave a Reply