No matter the year, it’s always a good time to look back at some of Her Majesty’s happiest moments.
1. Her Majesty receives the “red box” every day, save for Christmas and Easter, to read over classified government documents. No one, not even Prince Philip, is privy to the contents inside the box.
2. The Queen and Prince Philip at the 2015 Braemar Highland Games.
3. A stop in New York during the 1957 Royal Tour of the United States.
4. 1969: A polo match at Cowdray Park, England.
5. 2016 Royal Windsor Horse Show.
6. 1978 Windsor Horse Show.
7. On Day 2 of Royal Ascot in 2015 EDIT
8. Her Majesty wearing her grandmother’s Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara at a banquet in London in January 1982.
9. With Princess Michael of Kent in June 1980.
10. A trip to the Solomon Islands during 1982’s South Pacific Tour.
11. 1986 Maundy Service at Chichester Cathedral.
12. With Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the 1989 Derby.
13. 1995: Queen’s Cup Polo at Windsor.
14. Relaxing at the 1998 Royal Windsor Horse Show, an annual event Her Majesty never misses.
15. The Queen on her second day of an official tour of Jamaica in 2002.
16. Another year, another Ascot race with HM and her beau.
17. 2016 State Opening of Parliament
18. At the opening of the new London Stock Exchange in 2004.
19. Her Majesty and Prince Philip at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
20. The proud grandmother smiles at her grandson and heir, Prince William, who is Colonel of the Irish Guards, during 2019’s Trooping of the Colour. Are you the cutest, ma’am?
And finally, everyone’s favorite video of the Queen discovering a cow at the 2016 Royal Windsor Horse Show:
Do you have a favorite photo of the Queen? Let us know in the comments section below!