Call him whatever you’d like, but Prince William did something on February 8th that will leave some critics at a loss for words (if only for a few minutes)
While working with East Anglia Ambulance, William piloted a helicopter sent to pick up 3-year-old Luke Swyer, who suffered an allergic reaction after eating a peanut.
Tthough he remained seated in the cockpit, William blew up a surgical glove and drew a smiley face on it to distract Swyer as doctors treated him.
“We thought it was a really touching thing for Prince William to do as it really took his mind off everything that was going on,” Swyer’s mom, Donna told the Telegraph.
“He works really hard and went beyond the call of duty to put Luke at ease. Luke wouldn’t let go of the balloon glove, even taking it to bed with him.”
The balloon, which features two sets of fingers tied together to make ears, is one of Sywer’s prized possessions.
“When it was time for him to go back to school he asked me to put it in the boot of the car because he was scared it might fly away,” Donna said.
“Luke is only a couple of months older than Prince George as well, which I think he quite likes.”
Like any little boy, Swyer is a little obsessed with his hero (who also happens to be the future king. What a story to tell!)
“He keeps making us Google Prince William to show him pictures and even since then he has idolised him.”
In addition to his Supreme Balloon Glove Created By His Majest King William V, the hospital staff gave Dwyer a teddy bear, which the youth named William.
“All the staff who helped to look after Luke were brilliant. Everyone at the hospital, the doctors on the ambulance and Prince William himself – I want to say thank you,” Donna said.