After visits from the Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Carole, Michael and Pippa Middleton, and one of Prince George‘s godparents, Emilia d’Erlanger at Kensington Palace, the Cambridges will travel to their country home in Norfolk, where they plan on spending the majority of the summer while raising their son and newborn daughter.
The Daily Mail reports that William is keen to introduce his daughter to the Queen and inform her of the little girl’s name before revealing it to the public via the couple’s press office.
Royal reporter Rebecca English pointed out that while the monarch’s permission is not necessary when naming a royal baby, but the Queen’s opinion means a lot to William.
“She is rather indulgent of her grandson like that and wants him to enjoy family life as much as he can before he becomes immersed in the formalities of royal life,” a source told English. “It is understandable that William would want to see her in person.
“The Queen and her grandson have grown exceptionally close in recent years and he trusts her judgement implicitly.”
Prince Harry, who is currently serving with the military in Australia, said his niece is “absolutely beautiful” and that he couldn’t wait to meet her.
Yesterday, Her Majesty selected a pink coat by Karl Ludwig and matching hat by her personal dresser, Angela Kelly, for the amalgamation parade of The Queen’s Royal Lancers and 9th/12th lancers (Prince of Wales’s) at Richmond Castle.
It’s expected that the princess’s name will be released tomorrow.
Elsewhere on the royal web of internetting:
• The name “Charlotte” is not a good choice, according to one royal historian – Daily Express
• The Fug Girls have named Her Royal Highness, and it rolls off the tongue quite nicely – Go Fug Yourself
• Settle in for a tale of the Cambridge emeralds (complete with sparkly photos) – The Court Jeweller
• Where the heck else would you go to find out the details on Kate’s heading-home-after-childbirth dress (and a bespoke one, at that) – What Kate Wore
• That time the Queen got down with her bad self – Jezebel
• A few other guesses as to what George’s little sister will be named (and they’re pretty regal-sounding) – What Would Kate Do?
• The Princess of Cambridge is better for the economy than naysayers originally thought – Daily Mirror
• I think I finally understand Periscope, but I don’t have any room on my iPhone #booooooo – From Berkshire to Buckingham
• Midwives ran the show in the delivery room, and popped round KP today for a check-up – Daily Mail